Frequent Service Users Project Worker
- Work with Melbourne's most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Great St Kilda location, close to public transportation, shops and cafes
- Full-time, fixed-term role (12 months)
- $70,543.20 + Super
- Additional Wellbeing Leave and Salary Packaging
- Flexible working environment!
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. Formed in 2015 following a merger of two well-respected agencies - Hanover Welfare Services and HomeGround Services, we are a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the "go to" organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
The Frequent Service Users Project Worker is a fixed term position created to deliver a specific project to address the housing and support needs of a group clients, identified as the most frequent users of the agency's IAP services. The key focus of the FSU project will be to obtain long term stable housing for those clients who are currently homeless in the top 40, as well as putting in place the supports needed for them to sustain their housing.
- Update information in regard to the top 40 as to their current whereabouts and support needs
- Update intervention plans based on the above
- Identify priority cases within the top 40 based on the above
- Develop and implement case plans for priority cases based on best practice intervention
- Work in close collaboration with other support agencies to deliver the best practice intervention
As a successful candidate you will have strong problem solving skills by demonstrating common sense and using established and innovative strategies. You will exhibit the appropriate interpersonal skills in varying situations by using active listening, empathy, social awareness and emotional intelligence in verbal communications. You will also have the ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to achieve positive outcomes for clients.
Working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team that uses innovative housing practices, this exciting and challenging position offers applicants the opportunity to build and empower the lives of people experiencing homelessness.
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the "How to Apply" instructions (below). If you need further information regarding this position, please contact Siobhan McKenna on 9537 7711 or Nicola Connolly on 8359 0224.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police check. Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.