After Hours Support Worker
- Work with Melbourne's most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Great Dandenong location, close to public transportation, shops and cafes
- Full-time, permanent role (0.9 EFT)
- $62,900.92 + Super
- Additional Wellbeing Leave and Salary Packaging
- Flexible working environment!
Two leading and very successful organisations in the homelessness and related sectors, HomeGround and Hanover, have merged to form a new agency, Launch Housing, with an ambitious agenda to achieve our vision of ending homelessness. Launch Housing is a strong, single, focused voice on homelessness driven by the values of Empowerment, Fresh Thinking, Agility, Leadership and Courage.
We are seeking an experienced and skilled After Hours Support Worker to be part of our Dandenong team. You will be capable and confident working in a crisis accommodation site that operates 24 hours, 7 days per week. We are seeking applicants to be available for all shifts, including stand up overnight shifts.
Successful Applicants will have:
- A demonstrated ability to achieve quality client outcomes
- Expert knowledge of housing and support services
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with clients and external services
- Ability to respond to and manage critical incidents
- A positive approach to team work and the ability to work autonomously
Working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team that uses innovative housing practices, this exciting and challenging position offers applicants the opportunity to build and empower the lives of people experiencing homelessness.
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the "How to Apply" instructions (below). If you need further information regarding this position, please contact Ligia Knight on 9792 0750.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police check. Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.