Support Worker - Young Adults Program
- Work with Melbourne's most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Great South Yarra location, close to public transportation, shops, and cafes
- Full-time, permanent role
- 69,065 + Super
- Additional Wellbeing Leave and Salary Packaging
- Flexible working environment!
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. We are a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the go-to organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
We are currently seeking a passionate Support Worker to join our small, dedicated Young Adults Program team at our South Yarra site. The main function of this role is to provide case management support to young people who are either unable to live at home or experiencing difficulties in maintaining housing. We are looking for someone who understands homelessness and wants to work with people in the community to address the barriers to long term, sustainable housing. If you are empathetic, organised, enjoy collaboration and working with people in their space, this is the job for you.
Successful Applicants will have:
- A demonstrated ability to achieve quality client outcomes
- A relevant tertiary qualification in human services, and direct experience in the delivery of services to clients with complex needs relating to homelessness
- Expert knowledge of housing and homelessness policy, context, systems, and support services
- Understanding the role of education and employment in overcoming youth homelessness
- Proven skills in effective case management
- Ability to engage and communicate
- A positive approach to teamwork
Working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team that uses innovative housing practices, this exciting and challenging position offers applicants the opportunity to build and empower the lives of young people experiencing homelessness.
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the How to Apply instructions. Please include a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria of the position description to be considered.
If you would like additional information regarding this role, please contact Michelle Magoffin on 9829 9888.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children Check and Police check. Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as unique expertise and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.