After Hours Support Worker - Casual
Multiple vacancies available
- STUDENTS ARE WELCOME- students who have completed their first year of placement in any similar role, are welcome to apply'
- Vacancies at two sites of Launch Housing are available - Southbank and East St Kilda
- Work with Melbourne's most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Great Southbank/ East St Kilda, close to public transportation, shops and cafes (opportunity to work across multiple sites)
- Casual, After Hours position (24 hour roster, must be available for a variety of shifts)
- $69,065 + Super
- Flexible working environment
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. We are a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the ‘go to' organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
We are currently advertising for casual positions at our crisis accommodation site in Southbank, and also our women's crisis accommodation site in East St Kilda. These casual positions are on a 24 hour roster, and it would be preferable that applicants are available for a variety of shifts across this time. . Launch Housing Southbank is a 51 bed crisis accommodation service, providing support to people onsite and in the community who are experiencing homelessness. Southbank is a fast-paced workplace, aiming to achieve positive housing and life outcomes for our clients.
As an After Hours Support Worker, you will be empathetic and enthusiastic about making a difference to people experiencing or at risk of homelessness. You will have the ability to juggle competing demands in a crisis setting, working with people with complex issues requiring support such as AOD, mental health, trauma, disability and homelessness. You will also be capable and confident working in a crisis accommodation site that operates 24 hours, 7 days per week.
Successful Applicants will have:
- A demonstrated ability to achieve quality client outcomes
- Expert knowledge of housing and support services
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with clients and external services
- Ability to respond to and manage critical incidents
- A positive approach to teamwork and the ability to work autonomously
In exchange for your hard work and positive attitude, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, opportunities to learn and grow professionally and our full, unwavering support. But most of all, you'll love the knowledge that you're really helping!
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'How to Apply' instructions. If you would like additional information regarding this position, please contact Siobhan McKenna on 9699 4566.
Please indicate your availability in your cover letter alongside relevant work experience.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police check. Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.