Tenancy and Property Worker
- Opportunity in a newly established team
- Located in Collingwood
- 18-month fixed-term, full-time role
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantages Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
As the Tenancy and Property Worker, you will help assist people experiencing homelessness and accommodated in hotel and motel accommodation during the COVID-19 pandemic. You will sit within a From Homelessness to a Home (H2H) partnership consortium with multiple agencies partnering to provide funded housing and support services. It is an opportunity to make substantial change to rough sleeping in Victoria.
You will report to the Head Lease Coordinator and will:
- Ensure the efficient management of tenancies and properties
- Conduct property inspections, organise routine maintenance and other end-to-end property management tasks
- Liaise with H2H consortium partner agencies
- Support our client group into safe, sustainable and affordable long-term housing
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in the real estate or community housing sector in the tenancy and property management responsibilities
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act
- Experience representing an organisation in VCAT or similar
- Enthusiasm to work with people who have experienced homelessness
- Current driver's license
In return, we offer a flexible working environment, salary packaging, 5 additional days of wellbeing leave and training and ongoing career opportunities across multiple Launch Housing teams. The salary is $73,083- $76,924 per annum + super.
How to apply
Does this sound like you? To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the How to Apply instructions. Please submit a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV. If you need additional information about this role, please contact Noach Kronich on 0415 241 299.
Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.