Concierge and Administration Worker
Join Melbourne's most progressive housing and homelessness organisation!
- Permanent, part-time role
- 24-hour facility involves overnight shifts
- Great Elizabeth Street location
- Salary: $63,955 per annum (pro-rata) + super
- Additional wellbeing leave and salary packaging
The shift timings are:
- Mondays - 23:00 - 07:00
- Thursdays - 23:45 - 09:30
- Saturdays - 07:00 - 15:00
- Sundays - 22:45 - 08:45
Launch Housing is an independent Melbourne based community organisation passionately committed to ending homelessness. From providing high-quality housing to an innovative range of support, education, and employment services, we bring solutions to homelessness under one roof for thousands at risk or experiencing the crisis and trauma of homelessness. With over 400 staff working across 14 locations in metropolitan Melbourne, we combine direct action with advocacy, research, and innovation to drive widespread change.
We are currently seeking a Concierge and Administration Worker to join our team at Elizabeth Street Common Ground (ESCG). ESCG is an innovative approach to housing people who have experienced long term homelessness and who have high and complex needs. The Elizabeth Street development is the first of its kind in Australia.
The position of Concierge and Administration Worker will primarily be responsible for the smooth operation of the Front of House area at ESCG.
- Providing reception support to 131 tenants residing in the building
- Monitoring entry and exit of all tenants, visitors, contractors and visiting professionals to the building and managing visitor access, as required
- Monitoring CCTV and responding to incidents and emergencies as they arise
- Undertaking a range of administrative tasks including managing the Welfare Check system, communication logs and handling deliveries
- Monitor the fire panel and elevator systems
- Providing a lead response in implementing emergency procedures in building and security related matters.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience working within the homelessness sector in a security or reception role. You will have excellent interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal communication. You will have proficient IT skills and have the capacity to willingly engage with people with complex needs to build rapport and trust.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to work collaboratively with your team members to ensure the ongoing well-being of tenants. You will also be joining an organisation that is passionate about solving homelessness in Melbourne.
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the How to Apply instructions (below).
If you need further information regarding this position, please contact Heidi Sanford on 0429 157 043.
Launch Housing takes Child Safety seriously and short-listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process. This includes but are not limited to Police Checks and Working with Children Check, and where appropriate, child safety-focused referee checks.
Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply. All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.