Life and Living Skills Support Worker
- $74,910 per annum (Prorata) + super + salary packaging + generous leave provisions
- Join a passionate, supportive and friendly team
- Permanent, part-time 60.8 hours per fortnight
- Cheltenham location, Immediate start
About Launch Housing
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantages Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
Your impact to the community
You will assist with the support needs and enhance the life and living skills of young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Using an Advantaged Thinking approach, you will work to increase educational opportunities for young people for whom homelessness has had an impact on their path to education and employment.
As a Life and Living Skills Support Worker, you will report to the Youth Support Coordinator and will:
- Provide integrated support to young people who are seeking ways to live independently.
- Facilitate and run group work programs for young people.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals involved with young people to ensure to positive outcomes are achieved.
- Provide secondary consultation to peers in relation to life and living skills.
- Assist young people to maximise their potential by facilitating their involvement in community and social activities, education, employment and training opportunities.
- Participate in service review and development, with a view to enhancing the provision of effective and efficient service to young people.
Our expectations from you to succeed in this role:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, and/or direct experience
- An understanding of or commitment to acquiring knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Advantaged Thinking
- Community, housing and social welfare programs
- Education and learning, including vocational education
- Employment and Career Pathway Programs
- Young peoples' transitions and educational pathways
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing group-work events, programs and curricula for young people.
- An understanding of homelessness and issues affecting young people who are at risk of, or experiencing homelessness.
- Experience in building positive relationships and communicating effectively with internal and external contacts with diverse backgrounds and abilities. Experience in managing people with complex needs.
Culture & benefits
We believe housing is a basic human right and our values of empowerment, fresh thinking, agility, leadership and courage underpin everything we do. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
In return we offer great staff benefits including:
- Work for a value-based organisation with a clear mission and vision
- Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave)
- Purchased Leave options
- Paid Parental Leave (both primary and secondary carer)
- NFP Salary packaging
- Free and Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to apply
Does this sound like you? To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'How to Apply' instructions. Please submit a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV.
If you need additional information about this role, please contact Thomas Prescott on 9826 9888.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.