Initial Assessment & Planning (IAP) Worker
- Work with Melbourne's most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Fixed Term until June 2023, 68.4 hours per fortnight, immediate start
- Make a difference to people's lives, generous leave provisions + great team culture
- From $74,910 (Prorata) + super + salary packaging option
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantages Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
The IAP program is the main access point for clients experiencing, or at risk of homelessness. This role will be based at our St Kilda office, remotely supporting clients engaged with the Magistrates Court System.
As an IAP Worker, you are the first point of contact with our clients. You will report to the IAP Coordinator and will:
- Undertake initial assessment of housing and support needs with people who are experience housing crisis, homelessness or risk at homelessness
- Provide information, referrals and support to assist families and individuals to find short-term and long term, secure and affordable housing
- Use assessment tools to prioritise people in the most need of program resources
- Operate in an extremely high-volume, responding to the needs of homeless people, many of whom are experiencing crisis
To be successful in this role, you will hold a tertiary qualification in human services, social work or other relevant disciplinary. You will be empathetic and have experience working with people with complex needs from diverse backgrounds. Also, you will have experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
In return, we offer great staff benefits including a flexible working environment, free and confidential Employee Assistance Program, salary packaging (up to $15,900), additional days of wellbeing leave and training career opportunities across multiple Launch Housing teams. The salary is $74,910 per annum (pro-rata) + super.
How to apply
Does this sound like you? To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'How to Apply' instructions. Please include a cover letter, addressing the key selection criteria and CV. If you would like additional information on this role, contact Lauren Crawford on 0400 136 547.
Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.