- Property Management to end homelessness
- Salary from $74,910 per annum + super + salary packaging
- 12 Month Fixed Term, full-time role, enjoy Monthly ADO
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus 1 week wellbeing leave
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantages Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 14 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community.
We are looking for experienced Senior Property Managers or Property Managers with experience managing their own portfolio from end-to-end. We are looking for someone to join our collaborative and supportive team to passionately work to end homelessness.
Working with our Homelessness to a Home (H2H) team, this is a truly unique opportunity to be involved to make a significant, lasting impact and help mould this progressive concept.
We are looking for people eager to transition to working for social landlords who put renters at the centre of their decisions making and focus on renter outcomes. This role will give you the discretion to problem solve and decide how best to achieve good renter outcomes. Each day will be different from the next. We are looking for someone that will find that rewarding and challenging.
As a Tenancy and Property Worker, you will be housing people who have experienced homelessness. You will manage their tenancy and maintain the property. You will work collaboratively with a Support Workers who will help each Renter to maintain their tenancy. This role is an opportunity to make substantial change to homelessness in Victoria. The role is based in Collingwood.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- End-to-end management of tenancies and properties
- Small portfolio of 60 properties
- Monday to Friday work only
- No trust accounting
- No open home viewings
- Phone, laptop and access to fleet vehicle provided
- Access to health and wellbeing program for you and your family
- Ongoing training and support
The successful applicant will have:
- Extensive property management experience, providing end-to-end management of a residential portfolio
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and experience at VCAT
- Exceptional organisational skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Enthusiasm to work with people who have experienced homelessness
- A current, full driver's license
Culture & benefits
We believe housing is a basic human right and our values of empowerment, fresh thinking, agility, leadership and courage underpin everything we do. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
In return we offer great staff benefits including:
- Work for a value-based organisation with a clear mission and vision
- Flexible working arrangements including work from home
- Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave) + Purchased Leave options
- Paid Parental Leave (both primary and secondary carer)
- NFP Salary packaging
- Training and development opportunities
How to apply
Does this sound like you? To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the How to Apply instructions. Please submit a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV.
If you need additional information about this role, please contact Noach Kronich on 0415 241 299.
Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.