Case Manager - Private Rental Assistance Program Plus
- Permanent full-time, life changing role
- Professional and enjoyable working environment
- $74,910 base + super + salary packaging
- Additional well-being leave + purchased leave options
Who we are
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantages Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
What you'll do
Our Private Rental Assistance Plus Program (PRAP Plus) is an exciting initiative that provides support to households who have accessed private rental properties and may require additional practical support to assist them to establish and sustain their housing.
The PRAP Plus team pride themselves in having a positive and supportive team culture that is recognized through Launch Housing.
Reporting to the PRAP Plus Coordinator, you will:
- Provide case management and support to clients with the aim to empower and educate them to stabilise and sustain housing and prevent homelessness.
- Engage with clients to determine eligibility for organisation's services or provide referrals to other services
- Ensure clients maintain safe, appropriate and sustainable accommodation
- Work in an outreach capacity with clients assisting them to work through issues affecting or likely to affect their tenancy.
Who we are looking for
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in a case management role
- Self-driven and determined to achieve positive outcomes
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, psychology or similar
- Experience in the social welfare sector, work with clients with complex needs is desirable
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and VCAT would be an advantage
Why choose Launch Housing
We believe housing is a basic human right and our values of empowerment, fresh thinking, agility, leadership and courage underpin everything we do. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
In return we offer great staff benefits including:
- Work for a value-based organisation with a clear mission and vision
- Flexible working arrangements including work from home
- Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave) + Purchased Leave options
- Paid Parental Leave (both primary and secondary carer)
- NFP Salary packaging
- Training and development opportunities
How to apply
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the How to Apply instructions. Please submit a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV. If you need additional information about this role, please contact Joanna West on 03 8626 5555.
Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.