Coordinator - East St Kilda
- 12 Month Fixed Term until January 2023, Full Time or 0.9 FTE
- Exciting and rewarding leadership role
- From $93,622 + super + Not for profit salary packaging
Who we are
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantaged Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
The Women's only Crisis Accommodation is a residential facility with 15 single client rooms, the service provides temporary accommodation (for up to 8 weeks with the possibility of extension), case management, transitional support and other services to assist clients in achieving dignified and sustainable housing outcomes. The program also provides support to women outside the residential facility, including a LH rooming house located in the St Kilda area.
What you'll do
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to join the team at the Women's Only Crisis Accommodation. You will be responsible for providing effective leadership to their team to ensure that programs and services provided to clients are delivered in an efficient, consistent and professional manner. The Coordinator will also ensure that the requirements of the relevant funding agreement are met and other activities associated with the needs of the organisation are completed. The Coordinator is part of the on-call roster and is responsible for all after-hours support for the site.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will:
- Provide leadership using a best practice and feminist leadership approach and be accountable for all activities at the East St Kilda site, ensure the provision of consistent and high-quality services
- Provide direction to team to ensure the delivery of consistent, effective and high-quality programs and services
- Provide supervision and support the performance development of staff in accordance with relevant Launch Housing policies and procedures
- Ensure a consistent and best-practice to case management is maintained
- Support, respond and follow up critical incidents
- Advocate on behalf of clients with other agencies to ensure access and delivery of effective services
- Maintain operational budgets, rostering and provide supervision to staff members
Who we're looking for
You are a dynamic and people-focused leader who is passionate about coaching and development. You want to make a difference and you are here to help. You will bring:
- Tertiary qualification in human services, social work or other relevant discipline
- Experience supporting and/or managing staff who work with people with complex needs
- Understand issues faced by people at risk of or experiencing homelessness and the staff who work with them
- Strong leadership and communication skills
Special conditions: Launch Housing is relying on exceptions contained in sections 28, 60 and 88 of the EO Act to employ and accommodate women only at this site.
Why join Launch Housing
We believe housing is a basic human right and our values of empowerment, fresh thinking, agility, leadership and courage underpin everything we do. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
We offer great staff benefits including:
- Work for a value-based organisation with a clear mission and vision
- Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave) + Purchased Leave options
- Paid Parental Leave (both primary and secondary carer)
- Salary from $93,622 per annum + super + salary packaging option
- Training and development opportunities
How to apply
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the How to Apply instructions. Please submit a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV.
If you need additional information please contact Caroline Lynch at Caroline.Lynch@launchhousing.org.au
Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.