First Nations Pathways Program Worker
- Newly created role, work for a great cause and change lives
- 12-month fixed-term, 30.4 hours per fortnight, immediate start
- From $74,910 base (pro-rata) + super + NFP salary packaging & other great benefits
Who we are
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantaged Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless. Launch Housing is delivering a high-impact strategy that aims to reduce homelessness in Melbourne with strong government support for new solutions to build more social housing and to reverse the rate of people sleeping rough.
The First Nations Pathways Program is a new program funded by the City of Yarra aimed at addressing the barriers that First Nations peoples in the City of Yarra and beyond experience in accessing culturally safe housing and homelessness support services.
The program will have two phases. The first phase will focus on scoping in consultation with the First Nations community and agencies, and a review of Launch Housing's current practices to identify the access barriers and service gaps for First Nations peoples. This process will support Launch Housing Cultural Safety Plan and its commitment to address the disparity. The second phase will focus on implementing changes identified in the first phase and continued commitment to strengthening relationships with key agencies and the community to improve the service offered for First Nations people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
What you'll do
You will report to and will work closely with the Mental Health and Wellbeing Coordinator. This is a solo worker program that sits within the Mental Health and Wellbeing team. You will build relationships with the First Nations community in the City of Yarra and will:
- Contribute to program design, development, implementation and evaluation processes
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to establish and maintain collaborative relationships
- Maintain client files and records in accordance with organisational procedures on a computer case management software system
- Generate correspondence and reports and contribute to the general administration of the service
- Ensure that services are relevant, flexible and accessible to people experiencing homelessness
- Identify service gaps and work with other agencies to develop service and housing options
- Identify improvements in the coordination of Launch Housing's services
For further information on the role please refer to the position description.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced and passionate team player who has the ability to develop and nurture strong relationships. As a successful candidate you will have:
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Demonstrated understanding of policies, contexts and systems impacting Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships, work collaboratively and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of Launch Housing and our mission to end homelessness
It is advantageous if you have:
- A qualification in community services or social work
- Understanding of the homelessness service system
- Understanding of program design, development, implementation and evaluation processes
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons are highly encouraged to apply.
Why choose Launch Housing
We believe housing is a basic human right and our values of empowerment, fresh thinking, agility, leadership and courage underpin everything we do. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
We offer great staff benefits including:
- Work for a value-based organisation with a clear mission and vision
- Flexible work options available and work-life balance actively encouraged
- A diverse and inclusive work environment with generous leave provisions
- Professional and career development opportunities across the organisation
- From $74,910 base (pro-rata) + super + NFP salary packaging
How to apply
For more information about this fantastic opportunity and to view the full position description follow the "How to Apply" instructions below.
If you would like additional information please contact Charlie van der Gaag on 0419 504 456.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as unique expertise and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.