Expression of Interest - Case Manager - Housing and Homelessness
- Help us achieve positive client outcomes and prevent homelessness
- Competitive salary + not for profit salary packaging option + Well-being leave (on top of annual leave)
- Diverse and inclusive work environment with flexible work arrangements
- Various permanent - full time or fixed term (full-time, part-time) options available
Who we are
Launch Housing has an ambitious agenda to achieve our vision of ending homelessness, providing a strong focused voice on homelessness driven by the values of Empowerment, Fresh Thinking, Agility, Leadership and Courage.
We are an independent provider of choice for clients and the ‘go to' organization on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community. Clients are at the centre of everything we do and are actively and meaningfully involved in the design, delivery and evaluation of services as well as our policy development, public advocacy and fundraising.
With over 400 staff working across 14 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
What you'll do
Launch Housing provides a range of flexible, responsive and professional services for people experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of being homeless across Melbourne suburbs. We actively engage clients to assist them to gain and maintain sustainable housing and other supports. The program works in partnership with other services to keep people safe, build rapport, and engage them with the broader service system and their community.
As a Case Manager, you will report to the Team Coordinator and will:
- Provide case management and support to clients with an aim to stabilise and sustain housing and prevent homelessness
- Engage with clients to improve their quality of life and social inclusion in the community
- Ensure clients maintain safe, appropriate and sustainable accommodation
- Work in an assertive outreach capacity with clients assisting them to provide practical support and make appropriate referrals
Who we're looking for:
- Experience in a case management role
- Tertiary qualification in human services, social work, nursing, psychology, occupational therapy or other relevant allied health discipline
- Experience in the social welfare sector, working with clients with complex needs is desirable
- Understanding of housing and homelessness policy, context and systems
Why choose Launch Housing
If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
We offer great staff benefits including:
- Contribute to useful and meaningful work that impacts the community
- Friendly, respectful and supportive team
- Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave) + Purchased Leave options
- Training and career growth opportunities across Launch Housing
- Flexible work options available and work-life balance actively encouraged
How to apply
Please submit a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV.
If you need additional information about this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.