Enhanced Engagement Worker
- Permanent part time (0.8 or 0.9 FTE)
- Great Southbank location, close to public transport and cafes
- Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave) + Purchased Leave options
- Diverse and inclusive work environment with flexible work arrangements
Who we are
Launch Housing has an ambitious agenda to achieve our vision of ending homelessness, providing a strong focused voice on homelessness driven by the values of Empowerment, Fresh Thinking, Agility, Leadership and Courage.
We are an independent provider of choice for clients and the ‘go to' organization on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community. Clients are at the centre of everything we do and are actively and meaningfully involved in the design, delivery and evaluation of services as well as our policy development, public advocacy and fundraising.
Our people are the backbone of our organisation and supporting their wellbeing and professional development is critical to our ability to help our clients. We value lived experience and diversity in our staff, and actively work to ensure everyone is able to make their career with Launch Housing fulfilling.
What you'll do
Our Southbank site is a 51-bed crisis accommodation service, providing support to people onsite and in the community, who are experiencing homelessness. Southbank is a fast-paced workplace, aiming to achieve positive housing and life outcomes for our clients.
You will be working with clients for up to two years providing an enhanced level of engagement both onsite and through outreach. You will assist clients to link with internal and external services suitable to meet their individual support needs, and accompany the client to appointments to assist with engagement and follow-up.
Reporting to the Case Management Coordinator, you will:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of clients' needs in order to develop collaborative case plans.
- Provide a comprehensive intensive case management service to clients, including assistance with accommodation, advocacy, assessment, referral and the development of community supports.
- Assist clients to maximize their options and potential by facilitating their involvement in community and social activities, recreational and training opportunities. Continue to support the client once stable accommodation has been secured by enhanced outreach.
- Ensure the client's needs continue to be met and to identify other support services involved that may be more suitable to continue to support the client.
For further information on the role please refer to the position description.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness and a determination to deliver innovative and effective services of the highest possible standard to our clients. You will have:
- Tertiary qualification in human services, social work or related field
- Previous experience working with clients with complex needs
- Understanding of housing and homelessness policy, context and systems
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Valid driver's license
In return we offer great staff benefits including a flexible working environment, salary packaging, confidential and free employee assistance program, additional days of wellbeing leave and training and ongoing career opportunities across multiple Launch Housing teams. The salary is from $74,910 per annum (pro-rata) + super.
How to apply
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the How to Apply instructions. Please submit a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV.
If you need additional information about this role, please contact Michaela.Watson@launchhousing.org.au
Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.