Initial Assessment & Planning (IAP) Worker
- Contribute to a life changing program
- Full-time fixed term until July 2022, immediate start
- $74,910 base (Prorata) + super + NFP salary packaging
- Based in Richmond, start ASAP
Why choose Launch Housing
Our mission is to end homelessness. As one of Victoria's largest providers of housing and homelessness support services, we provide a wide range of employment opportunities across client-facing and corporate services roles. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, and you are passionate about our mission to end homelessness, then consider working with Launch Housing! Our employees are spread across 14 different sites within metropolitan Melbourne.
There are many benefits of working at Launch Housing including:
- Working for a value-based organisation with a clear mission and vision
- Flexible work options available and work-life balance actively encouraged
- Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave)
- Up to $15,900 salary packaging option
- Free and Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and career growth opportunities across Launch Housing
How you'll transform lives
Here at Launch Housing you will be empowered, valued and supported to do work that really matters. Reporting to the Specialist IAP Coordinator you will:
- Provide initial assessment of housing and support need, information and assistance to people utilising the Medically Supervised Injecting Room (MSIR) facility MSIR within the Opening Doors Framework
- Provide client-centered services to persons experiencing or at risk of homelessness, including crisis intervention, assessment, prioritization, assistance to secure crisis accommodation, assistance to secure or maintain long term accommodation, distribution of financial assistance and linkages to appropriate support services
- Advocate on behalf of those experiencing homelessness to ensure that services are relevant, flexible and accessible to people experiencing homelessness.
- Operate in an extremely high-volume, responding to the needs of homeless people, many of whom are experiencing crisis
For further information on the role please refer to the position description.
What you'll bring
To be successful in this role, you will hold a tertiary qualification in human services, social work or other relevant disciplinary. You will be empathetic and have experience working with people with complex needs from diverse backgrounds. You will have a high level of emotional resilience and skills in working with people who are marginalised and disenfranchised.
It is highly advantageous if you have experience in the provision of homelessness services and/or previous work experience in the AOD sector &/or with the PWID community.
How to apply
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'How to Apply' instructions. Please include a cover letter, addressing the key selection criteria and CV.
If you would like additional information on this role, contact Erin Mulcaire at Erin.Mulcaire@launchhousing.org.au
Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Launch Housing is committed to child safety and is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as a unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.